Welcome to 3 Castle Ride – 2nd edition!
From August 10th to August 13th an exciting adventure awaits you in Sibiu, Romania. The trip will lead us and our dearest Vespas on a journey along the renowned Transfăgărășan and Transalpina mountain roads. This event will include visits to Poenari Castle, Alba Iulia Castle, and Calnic Castle as main checkpoints, while you take in the stunning views and indulge in the authentic romanian gastronomy over three days of riding.
STEP 1: Complete the registration form on this page when the registration opens on 19 March. CLOSED
STEP 2: You will receive the payment details in the email you have provided in the registration form. Make the payment in a maximum of 7 days so you can secure your participation. SENT
STEP 3: We will send you the final confirmation by email, confirming your payment and your participation. ONGOING
The registration is complete only after the payment is received. (Payment details will be sent in the registration confirmation email)
The registration will close when 100 persons will complete both the registration and the payment process on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Registration starts on: 19 March 2023. 14:00 UTC +2
- Ticket price: € 250 | RON 1.250
- Ticket includes:
- Welcome and briefing
- 3 nights accomodation 10-13 August 2023 from Thursday till Saturday
- Breakfast and two dinners
- Daily luggage transport services
- Goodie bag (t-shirt, stickers, road book and other goodies)
- The pool parties
- The Vespa gala dinner
- Free beer
NOTE: Lunches are not included and remain at the participant’s expenses.
Day 1 – Thursday, 10 August
- Accommodation @Hotel Continental Forum, Sibiu
- Parking @Cazarma90
- Registration and briefing, @Piata Mica, Sibiu
Day 2 – Friday, 11 August
- Departure from Cazarma90 Parking (in front of Continental Forum)
- Balea Lake
- Poenari Fortress/Dracula Castle
- Feasting @Castle Restaurant near Poenari Fortress
- Dinner at Hotel Sofianu, Ramnicu Valcea
- Free time/Party
Day 3 – Saturday, 12 August
- Departure from Hotel Sofianu
- Feasting @Sheepfold Stefanu
- Alba Iulia Fortress
- Gala dinner @Elisabeta Hotel, Alba Iulia
- Free time/Pool party
Day 4 – Sunday, 13 August
- Free time at the Pool, Elisabeta Hotel, Alba Iulia
- Calnic Castle
- Piata Mica, Sibiu (Arrival and Good Bye)
- The event is open to a max of 100 participants.
- All participants will depart in teams of 5 Vespas due to safety regulations on Transfagarasan and Transalpina mountain roads.
- Maximum arrival time is 20:00 at each accomodation.
- Participants must be 18 years or older in age.
- Each participant is required to possess a valid driver’s license and wear an approved helmet and gloves throughout the rally. It is highly recommended that all participants wear comfortable clothing and appropriate safety gear to protect themselves from any unexpected weather conditions.
- It is mandatory for all participants to abide by the local regulations during the rally and carry their identification documents to present to local and police authorities when asked.
- The organizers will not be liable to provide any compensation to any participant, regardless of the circumstances.
- To participate at the 3 Castle Ride 2023, it is mandatory for scooters to be street legal, have proper insurance, and carry all necessary legal documents, which could be requested during the trip.
- Vespas must have a minimum 125cc engine (classic or automatic).
- The owner of each scooter is responsible for ensuring that their vehicle is in perfect technical condition. The tires must be in optimal condition due to the mountain road conditions.
Any other information will be updated here so make sure you check back often. The final roadbook will be printed and included in the goodie bag of each participant.
You can have a glimpse of it, by checking our official video and our official photos: https://bit.ly/3EpHZGg.
We were pleasantly impressed and happy to have among the participants: the Tourism Commissioner of the Vespa World Club and presidents of national clubs from 5 countries. The number of participants was over 70, coming from 13 countries (Serbia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Russia, Albania, France) and of course Romania.
Cristi Turcin, President of Vespa Club Romania